This post will help you to Compare Results of Performance Testing across multiple trials. Its useful when we want to verify if the performance of a new version of our software has upgraded or degraded as compared to the previous version. To verify this we need a way or a tool to compare/analyze performance results between two releases.
To solve the above problem we can use JMeter with Blazemeter Plugin which would help us generate performance graphs across different software versions.
To get started we would need to first register on http://blazemeter.com/ with a username and password. Don’t worry, it is free for 10 trial runs every month. To run the comparison we would need to download the blazemeter plugin from here. You can learn more about this plugin here.
After downloading the plugin, place it in the “apache-jmeter-2.11\lib\ext” folder
1. Open your Blazemeter account in the web browser
2. Click on your Username, on the top right section
3. Expand User key section
4. Start jmeter
5. Open a previously saved test plan or record a new test plan
6. Add Blazemeter listener to your Test Plan
7. Copy User key from your Blazemeter account and paste it to Blazemeter Listener’s User Key section
8. Your Username will appear on the right side of User key section
9. Select your “Test Plan” form the “Select Test” dropdown. If you have ran any test on Blazemeter account earlier
10. If you want to create a New Test, Then Click on “+” icon and add a new Test in your account
13. Run Test
14. Click on Go to Test Page Button
15. You will get redirected to the Test Report page
17. Click on “Start” button on the top of the page
18. User will get a pop-up to “Launch Servers”
19. Click on “Launch Servers”, it will initiate the load testing for that Test Plan
20. After completion of that test run.
21. Repeat test run for that same “Test Plan”.
You can change load settings. For e.g. Number of Users, ramp up period and other settings.
Note: Test Plan should be same only load settings can be changed. Because we are comparing performance of the same script at different time with different/same load.
22. Here Comes the Most Important Part of this Blog, Compare your result
23. Click on “Tests & Reports” Menu in the Header.
24. Page contains two columns, focus on second column “Reports”
In that case “parentconsent2apr”
26. You will get redirected to Test Report detail page of “parentconsent2apr”
27. It will show report of current “parentconsent2apr”, With the time of 16:36 in the screenshot.
28. User can compare multiple things on the same page Like: – Load Results, Waterfall, Errors, Monitoring and Logs, by selecting other “Test Plan” from the Dropdown.
30. Now you can compare graph result for both the Test Plan. You can also use the tabs at the top to compare results by Active Users, Max Users, Response Time, Latency, Errors, Hits/s and few other things.