What is Selenium?
Selenium is an open source automation tool for testing Web applications across multiple Browsers and Platforms.
Why must Selenium be preferred?
Advantage : –
- Open Source
- Supports Multiple Languages (Java, PHP, Python etc)
- Supports different Browsers ( Firefox, Chrome, IE, Safari, Opera)
- Supports different Operating System (Window, Mac, Linux)
- It is flexible and Extendable.
Installation of Eclipse and Configure WebDriver (Windows/Linux)
For Windows/Linux –
- Install Firefox Browser ( Version :- 42.0)
- Install Java. (Version :- jdk1.8.0_40)
- Download Eclipse IDE for Windows/Linux
- Start the Eclipse.
- Go to File → New → Java Project.
- Right Click on Java Project which is created in above step → Select Build Path → Configure Build Path.
- Right Click on src → New → Package.
- To create a Class :- Right Click on Package Name → New → Class.
Installing Maven into Eclipse
Maven is a powerful project management tool that is based on POM (project object model).
It is used for project build, manages required dependencies from Eclipse workspace without installing to local Maven repository.
- Click on Help → Install New Software
- Then, Click on Next
4. Accept the Review Licenses.
- Now, Install Maven Independently.
- Download Maven from URL :- http://maven.apache.org/
7. After the Maven is downloaded completely, Extract and save the zip file.
8. Next step is declaration an environmental variable to maven.
9. Below are the environmental variable that need to be declare.
JAVA_HOME = C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_76
M2_HOME = E:\Eclipse\apache-maven-3.3.3
M2 = %M2_HOME%\bin
Path = ;E:\Eclipse\apache-maven-3.3.3\bin\
10. Right click on My Computer → Click on Properties → Click on Advanced system settings.
14. Open a command window and type the command:
- mvn –version
Commands used :-
- mvn eclipse:clean – Download all the jars/ required field declared in POM.xml of project
- mvn eclipse:eclipse – Create a path file for eclipse to add the build path.
The Maven installation into Eclipse is completed.